Monday, December 22, 2014

Weekly Update - December 22

Last week went well, though I'm struggling with a few of my goals.

Weight: Last week 211.2.  This week: 208.  Down 3.2 pounds

My diet was solid taking into consideration that we went up north Friday.  It's amazing how often I am sidetracked when I'm outside of my normal routine, which is detrimental to my overall weight loss as we seem to go somewhere 2 - 3 weekends each moth.  Fortunately I was able to stick with the plan aside from a few minor slip-ups.

Swim: Goal 2x.  I swam once, for a total of around 2,000 yards.  I'm struggling to get to the pool in the morning.  I am not a morning person by nature and my wife and dogs are incredibly cute and inviting snuggled up warm in bed.  If I can make it a habit for few weeks I will be fine, but I struggle to stick with my routine if I skip early morning workouts on the weekends.

Run: Goal 6x.  Actual 4x for 12.6 miles.  My IT band started bothering me so I decided to take an additional two days off and use last week as a cutback week.  I am concerned my mileage is too high and will need to monitor how I feel.  At this point there really isn't any hurry as my first big race isn't until the end of April and my weekly long run is already over 5 miles.  5 months should be plenty of time for me to take it easy.

Bike:  Goal 3x.  Actual 3x.  I broke down and bought all of the Sufferfest videos last week (Merry Christmas to me!) and am loving them!  Unfortunately it's hurting my swim as all I want to do is ride my bike 2 - 4 hours per day.  I completed Revolver, Blender, and Hell Hath No Fury.  It's probably time to retest my ftp as these workouts weren't as difficult as I expected.  I should probably rest for a day or two prior to doing this as I want fresh legs for an accurate test.

I have decided to scrap my goals for December and just go with whatever seems like the most fun, aside from running.  I might cut back to 5x per week instead of 6, but I will try to stick to a plan as I know I won't run if I don't.

I am working on my goals for 2015.  I have certain races I would like to finish so those are easy, but I struggle setting my mileage goals for each of the three disciplines.  I should have something ready for next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment