Tuesday, December 9, 2014

December Goals

It's a little late to be posting about December goals, but since I've had them in mind for awhile now I think it's fair to hold myself accountable.

Weight: Lose 5 pounds (Starting weight 214.6 12/8/14).  I was off work last week but stayed in town.  My wife and I went out to eat everyday for lunch and I drank too much wine in the evening.  Things got out of hand and it was essentially a stroll down memory lane as to why I was so fat at one point.  I can't believe I used to eat like that everyday and actually got to the point where I craved healthy foods... how crazy is that?!?

Swim:  Get to the pool at least 2x per week.  I've been reading Don Fink's Iron Fit Secrets for Half Iron-Distance and will be borrowing his swim workouts.

Bike: Hop on the trainer at least 3x per week.  I love my bike so this isn't too much of a struggle, aside from finding time.

Run: Continue the Barry P plan (6x per week).  The Barry P plan is from the SlowTwitch message boards.  It calls for 6 runs per week; 3 short, 2 medium, and 1 long.  Your medium distance runs are 2x the length of the short runs and the long run is 3x the distance of the short run.  For example, I started with 15 miles a week and my distances were 1.5 miles, 3 miles, and 4.5 miles.  I hadn't run in 6 weeks due to various injuries and was around 20-22 miles per week before I was hurt.  15 seemed like a reasonable number and my body seems to be holding up (this will be my 4th week on the plan).

Core: Force myself to complete at least 2 core workouts per week.  I am starting with Jason's basic core routine over at Strength Running.  Since I have no core muscles I am starting with 2 rounds of 30 seconds per exercise.

I'm off to a good start this week as I hit the pool Monday morning, completed a short run, and finished a core workout.  I woke up early this morning and put in an hour on the trainer and will run with Gus (my labradoodle) this afternoon.


No comments:

Post a Comment