Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Bam! Welcome to "One"derland!


Approximately 4 years ago I signed up for the Fifth Third Riverbank Run weighing in at 271 pounds.  It's been a long uphill (downhill?) struggle, but yesterday I finally cracked the 200 pound barrier.  I've been so close (as in 200.0) for the past week and have come within a pound several times in the past, but I usually self destruct and start gaining weight around this time.  Perhaps the greatest example of how I have changed my mindset/lifestyle is that it never even occurred to me to celebrate with food.  For those of you who have known me since I was a kid, this puts me down into my junior high weight.  


On a related note, I have a distinct memory of a wager my dad and I made in high school while golfing one day.  I don't remember what he would have won if I lost the bet, but I definitely remember that when he lost his I won his golf bag.  Unfortunately it's an ugly golf bag and I don't golf anymore, so I'm thinking that a new bike is comparable!  I even know of a guy selling an awesome cross bike with an extra set of wheels!   


1 comment: