Thursday, February 5, 2015

Fat Guy in a Little Coat

I'm tired of running inside on the stupid treadmill and it's supposed to warm up to 14 degrees today so I stopped by our local running store to pick up some tights.  Yes, you read that correctly, I now own tights.  They seem to be warm and are thin enough (hopefully) for me to wear under my cycling kit for some of the colder weather races, such as the upcoming Barry Roubaix.  At the very least Gus (my dog) will thank me for getting him out of the house as he loves to run with me (okay, I run, he walks quickly).

As a formerly morbidly obese person who is now just overweight I would have bet any amount of money that you would never catch me in any type of form fitting clothing.  Fast forward 3 or 4 years and I now own more Lycra than I do sweatpants!  I even ditched the board shorts and picked up a pair of jammers for swimming.  Of course I still wear the board shorts when I take the kids to the Y... there's no reason to scar them for life (aside from my amusement).  Like most fat people I chose to hide myself beneath layers of too big clothing.  It's amazing how much better I look if I wear something that actually fits and is, dare I say, slightly tight.  My how things have changed!  Of course the entire time I'm wearing Lycra this is all I can think of:



No comments:

Post a Comment